Thursday, September 23, 2010


If no one has taken notice, I will say it out loud, I have been LAZY lately. 
For one I've been skimping on blog entries which means I've probably gone slightly insane. For two I've been putting off my 'get back to schedule for running' mode every week. 
Today, I said NO MORE. 
Ok well this week I said no more, but today was a big deal.

After a few bad weeks of just not waking up, ipod being dead, feet being dead from heels, and general fatigue, I've finally kicked my ass back into gear and am ready to train for a half. Don't know when, but I'll just say that's my goal. 

Sunday I ran 3+, probably closer to 4, miles on the treadmills at the CRC while watching NFL, because I'm like that. 
Monday I had swim practice but we played sharks and minnows so I jogged a light 1 mile before just to get warmed up, cause god knows I hate sharks and minnows. 
Tuesday morning I woke up and decided to run to Piedmont park and back, its 4 miles of hills. ALL HILLS. But it went ok.

So this morning I woke up and felt like my body was going to sink through the mattress onto the floor.  My muscles were tired, I was tired, and the BF was sound asleep next to me and was going to get to be asleep for an extra hour and a half. This is not the definition of motivation. Actually this is precisely why for the past few weeks I've only managed to get up for one of my two scheduled tues/thurs morning runs a week. The minute I start moving the BF rolls over and vice/bear grips me in his sleep.  
Today I was lucky and he was tired. So I laid there staring at the ceiling, fairly awake, going "get up, get up, get up, you need to run, get up".
Once I did I felt totally fine, grabbed my ID's, got dressed, threw my shoes on, kissed the BF/Bear goodbye...I just needed my house key that was on the BFs keyring. 
So I asked him where it was, he groggily answered, and I went to look.
Not there.
Me: "Baby are you sure you put them there?"
BF: "uurrrrhh? yahh *snore*"
Me: "hmm..." and begin to hunt. 
He eventually got up and we realized, he really had put them where he said and they were gone.  Well after a little investigating and finding out my roommate had come home shmammered last night she had mistakenly grabbed them and put them in her room. 
Yeah, I know, strange. 
I had even checked the trash, the fridge, the freezer, the drawers...anywhere she would have drunkenly put them.

Ok so anyway back to my running story. I finally got to leave and head over to the gym.  Before I got there I felt like crap though, my legs felt slow and heavy. I hurt everywhere, I hadn't taken my inhaler, and in my head I was like "well I'll just run 2 miles and lift/do abs"

Got on the treadmill and something happened for the first time in a very very long time.
I couldn't feel anything.

Ok exaggeration, but really, I couldn't feel my legs hurting, I couldn't not-breathe. Honestly, I felt AMAZING. I ended up running 4 miles and felt like I could have kept going if I hadn't had the time crunch. 

Maybe it was the amusement of the morning, or maybe I'm finally going to get back into the groove I had going right after I ran my first 10k, but I feel great and today was great. Everything is great. 

Makes me wanna train for a half. Bad. 

I'm supposed to be doing weights in the morning, and when I say morning I mean like 5:30, with some friends. We'll see how I feel

I have a 4 mile trail race next Saturday that I'm SO excited about! Plus there's a beerfest the same day!!

Time to do more heat transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment