Monday, June 18, 2012

A near month lookback

Has it really been a month since I started work?
HOLY MOLY.
That's an understatement honestly.

My days for the past month or so have consisted of this:
Alarm: 5:00
Possible Snooze?: 5:10
Time between alarm and blastoff: Straighten hair, make breakfast, make/pack lunch and snacks, pick out clothes, put them on (then change), do makeup, pack bag(s).
Leave for metro: 6:30
On metro by 6:45.
At work: 7:30
At this point in the day I check-in my phone, since I cannot have it in my office...or building, and am officially off the grid for 9 hours.
Usually after my hours I grab my phone and metro home either to a happy hour/dinner date with a friend or go to the gym. Then home for a shower and bed.

It's a very busy day. Especially since getting up at 5AM means bed by around 10 and sometimes those happy hours turn into happy evenings.


Besides my busy schedule I've been pouting and ignoring my blog and twitter for a couple reasons.  The main one being my knees (especially left) are STILL messed up. I feel live I've been babying them for months, even after PT. I currently believe (thank you intranet) that I've been lacking water, making knots in my quads, thus pulling on my knees and causing pain. If I roll out with my trigger point roller I can find a spot/knot that radiates intense pain to right below my kneecap. It's amazing, and awful. Awful being a large part.

I'm on a one week very strict self evaluation while monitoring my water, pain levels, rolling/icing/working out etc.

I can report that I ran 2 pain free miles today. It's a good sign, very good. Especially since post rolling/stretching the pain has diminished AND I'm off of IB profin.

Guess I will just have to assess in the morning.

I can also report that I love my job. I love my coworkers already. They're nice and funny on top of being very intelligent. They're company is something I look forward to every day. Especially my group of boys I've wiggled my way into. (boys? Men. BOZ2MEN!)

So long as I stop going out so much (paychecks are fun man) I will be keeping everyone posted on this knee...issue.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is a better day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your knees are okay by this time. It's been months. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your work no matter how busy it gets. It's a good thing that you have a good company and that you get along well with your colleagues. A good working environment can help alleviate your tiredness.

    Rupert Echard

    ReplyDelete