Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Motivation

Welcome! to the almost end of August. God I cannot wait for this month to end. 
This morning I set out for a nice long run after a horrible Monday with an extremely bad headache. I woke up at 6 and was, miraculously, out the door by 6:15. (I may or may not be a diva before I run and usually take 30 minutes) As I stepped outside I felt a very very missed feeling. It was kind of cool out...
THATS RIGHT! 
I felt fall. Right there on my front stoop at 6:15AM. No fog, no humidity, probably below 70 degrees. I felt fall. And now that I've had a taste, I need my fix. 
So it may be another month before I really get that, but it's good to know the mornings should slowly start cooling down. 
The fall feeling got me extra excited to get a much needed good run in. They are few and far between and I have found myself drifting away from my ever-craving-working-out self. The two week break between summer and fall killed my mojo, and made me feel a litttle extra jiggly from all the sweets I was indulging in. 
So, by 7:45 when I rolled back into my apt I had logged around 5.2 miles! 
FANTASTIC!
And it felt good, my knees hurt some, my shins are little blah, but other than that I'm happy. It felt good, I did some ab exercises and called it a day.  

So here we go again, starting my fall semester I'm finding my motivation. I've laid out my schedule, I'm working 20 hours a week, taking class for 14 and running at least four times a week. It's a goal and It's going to happen.

This is the first semester I've had without a single fluff-ish class. Everything is ME this and ME that. It makes me want to be even better than I've ever been. Do better in every class, and sign up for some races!!

Oh and of course, there's football, which always gets me in the mood to do something epic. 

So here's to the new semester. Fall weather, I await your loving embrace. I can't wait for the mornings with a few goosebumps. Bring it on fall. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment