Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Petition for 36 hours in a day

I'm surprisngly busy this semester.
I'm busy every semester, not like a working 9-5 busy, or even grad school busy, I'm just...busy. I have more HW than I've ever had since I've been at tech, I'm trying to keep up reading in my textbooks as we go through the semester and I swear that hours of my day are sneaking off to hide somewhere. 

To be fair, I can't complain about this while I'm blogging, because this is where those hours could be hiding. Hah, found you!

Since my last post I've ran 3 times for a total of...
ah quick, math
4.5 + 3 + 4 = 11.5.
Why did that seem so hard?
Anyways, the short run was fully outside and reminded me just how much I wish I lived somewhere flat. I don't know why but I have yet to concur the campus pi mile/loop.  It's deceivingly hard with its long hills and sudden changes in incline.
Plus, there's freshman hill, and no one likes that.

Right now I'm hurting.  I ran 3 miles sunday afternoon, I swam last night (yes, I got in a pool and didn't sink), and ran this morning at 6:30.
Let me repeat: I hurt.
I felt like such a baby last night. I swam just under a 2000yd practice and my arms were jello.  It felt good afterward, and I was proud for going, but when at my peak I could do 4500yd practices...
Like I said, baby.

So here's the goal:
Monday night I'll swim at night with the team, Tuesday morning: run/abs, Wednesday morning: lift, Thursday morning: run, Friday morning: lift again.

To do these early morning practices however I'm going to need a little more time in my day.  I'll just have to submit that maintenence request to God.
Hey God, seriously, throw me a few hours a day? Not sure if I can stay on top of reading, HW, and get up that early everyday. Just gotta try it out first I guess.

For now I'm going to read and do homework so that tonight I can fully celebrate my roommates 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment