Monday, April 11, 2011

the 15k from hell

Alright so I haven't been as diligent the past few weeks with my training. I still got 20 miles in last week even if I only ran 3 times but i've just been slacking. Kinda tired, kinda enjoy being a regular college student and sleeping in when I don't have class till 11 and getting beers on random evenings.

Anyway saturday was the Atlanta Track Club 8k/15k spring has sprung race thats fo FREES for members. I signed up for it a long time ago thinking ehhh Ill be done with the half and be able to bang a 15k out no problem. Well the night before I wasn't feeling it as a race. I liked the idea of the distance just fine, but my legs didn't want to race. Morning of I met up with my friend, we both had sore legs from biking the day before and were not in the mood. He sprinted ahead of me and by mile 4 I came jogging up behind him. He looked miserable. Absolutely shot and kinda shuffling along. So we made it to the 8k mark and at this point we could stop or keep going. BUT stopping meant a DQ. We stood at the fork in the road between crossing the finish line or continuing on and debated for a solid minute or more. we walked toward the finish line to just be done when I said 'man, i really don't want a DQ out of this'...then turned around and soldiered on for the rest of the 15k. It was slow, but once I slowed down I felt just fine! My friend and i finished it out together and I was very happy to get a long run in for the week. It turned into more of a 15k-run-race than a race-race, but that's ok!

Ill be ordering new shoes today, mine are so shot that i probably shouldn't have even run in them on saturday. Shit happens though. I need to get paid before I can get em!

In non-running news I have acquired a very good research job this summer that will pay 10$ an hour (wooo not minimum wage!) and will NOT be taking classes. Thank the good lord.

Be warned: this summer will consist of Running, Tanning and drinking.

Should be epic. I hope everyone else enjoys the sagas that will result from the combo.

PS to start a good story: saturday I got sooo sunburnt because I was going between tanning, doing laundry, and drinking at the pool. bad plan. but epic tan now!

Ill be going out for a run later, I skipped mine this morning and slept in. it felt amazing.

to everyone out there, especially with the gorgeous weather in Atlanta, Run Happy! and be happy :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad (totally leaving this lame signature)

Location:Ferst Dr NW,Atlanta,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment