Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Aches and pains

Dear lord, I forgot how much running hurts sometimes.

I'm on day 14 of my runstreak and my body can feel it. It doesn't help that I'm finally getting back into a lifting routine. Today I lifted legs and did a bunch of knee-strengthening exercises because my PT woman says my VMO muscles aren't strong enough. This was after a spin to get some of the lactic acid out of my legs that have been building up from my speedy speedy runs.

Did I mention I ran from something today?
Clearly I had to have been. I ran 4 miles at 8:30 pace.
HOLY HELL WHAT?!

It was a good runstreak day. I'm excited for my next race, should be a PR. I guess injuries do go away. It just takes time.
Meaning forever.

I'm super excited for another run with my new friend Jerry! We ran last Thursday together and 4 miles went by super fast. Our Monday run-date will def need to include some post-run pancakes of some sort.

I am exhausted and it is time for some bio-freeze on my various achey joints.  And finding some new music for my possible hill day tomorrow!

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment