Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jameson shot epiphanies

Next week is Valentines day, and my birthday. I will be 23 years old, currently living at home and hunting for a job. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but I couldn't be happier.

Thursday night I went out to an Irish pub/bar in Arlington with my sister and some friends. An evening that started with a Guinness, ended with Jameson shots bought by a tall blonde woman. This was after someone else purchased me a second, and very not needed, long island. As annoying as this hangover was the next day, I realized just how happy I am here in Arlington. My life has been turned upside down. I left Atlanta, got in an accident, totaled Vinny and I job hunt constantly. Yes, I miss my Atlanta friends a lot however, I'm home. I'm with my family and my dog. I'm with my BF and some new-old friends. I may not know what I'll be doing in a few months but I do know where I want to be in a few years. I know who I want to be with and I know what makes me happy. I think that knowledge is worth a headache.

What is funny about it though is that a little over a year ago I had Jameson shots bought for me. Bought by people no longer in my life. I was not even close to as happy with where I was or where I was going. I worried all the time and I didn't think very highly of myself. I would never have known then where I would be today.

I guess if I had known, I would have hurried a little.
As my mother always says, everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment